Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with PADI Instructor, you’ll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
For those of you looking to join the leaders of the pack, look no further. The PADI Divemaster program is your first step of leadership level in the PADI System of diver education.
PADI Divemaster has:
- A high level of personal diving skill.
- instructor level knowledge of diving theory.
- had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities.
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
- In other words, you’re the cream of the crop and we want you!
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll be qualified to:
- Organize, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based.
- Assist PADI Instructors in conducting PADI Diver programs.
To qualify for PADI Divemaster training, you’ll need to:
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent).
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent).
- Have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
WHAT CAN PADI DIVEMASTER DO?
- Work at local dive centers, on live–on board dive boats, yachts and exotic locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certified PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkelling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct Discover Scuba Diving program for non-divers to the max depth of 12 meters (DM must complete DSDL requirement)
- Teach Emergency First Responder programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Responder Instructor course
PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE WITH DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING LEADER CERTIFICATE
Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational diving begins with the PADI Divemaster Certification program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster Training develops tour knowledge and leadership abilities, qualified you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student diver
All our PADI courses are specially customised with you in mind. We provide personalised theory session by coming to your offices, your department, school, area or even if you preferred to be at your home!. Exams will be conducted there too and at your own timing. One to One basis or max 4 pax per instructor!!!
- Minimum age – 18 years oldPADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent from another training organization) with 20 or more logged dives
- PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent from another training organization)
- Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR – Primary Care) within past 24 months (or Emergency First Responder)
- Valid Basic First Aid (Secondary Care) within past 24 months (or Emergency First Responder) Show proof of 60 logged dives documenting experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation by end of the training schedule
WHAT IS IN THE PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE?
- 6 Theory sessions
- 2 Pool sessions
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving book
- The PADI Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Divemaster slates
- ONE 3 Days 3 Nights Dive at Tioman Island on job training
WHAT YOU WILL BE LEARNING?
By taking on the PADI Divemaster course, you would have achieved a level reached by less than one in ten divers worldwide. Your training and experience would also have increased a great deal. The syllabus for this course includes:
THEORETICAL ASPECT OF A DIVEMASTER
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Dive theory introduction
- Decompression theory and the RDP
- Divemaster conducted programs
- Risk management
- The business of diving
- Your diving career
- Diving physics
- Diving physiology
- Dive equipment
PRACTICAL ASPECT OF A DIVEMASTER
- Supervising general diving activities for certified divers
- Assisting with student divers in training
- Stamina assessment
- Diver rescue assessment
- Confined water assessment
- 5 pool sessions of DSDL program
WHERE WILL IT BE CONDUCTED?
- Theory Lesson will be conducted at your convenient location
- Pool Session will be conducted at Outram Sec Sch Swimming Pool
- Dive Trip will be conducted at Tioman Island Salang
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The duration of the PADI Divemaster certification course ranges from 3 weeks to 6 months. It is dependent on your progress as well as your customized schedule which will be arranged during your registration process.
WHAT MATERIALS ARE NEEDED?
Divemaster Training Package Manual, Divemaster Slates, Divemaster Video, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Diving Knowledge Workbook, PADI Instructor Manual (VCD copy) PADI Student Workbook, DM Knowledge review Student Application.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE PACK
- Student File Workbook and more
- Rental/Use of all gears such as regulator, BCD, tanks (if any)
- 3 days 3 nights Open Water Dive Boat Trip
- 3 days 3 nights Leisure Lead Tioman Trip
- All dive trips relevant to Divemaster training
- All pool training
EXCLUDED IN THE COURSE PACK
- Divemaster training package required for candidates to begin dive master course
DIVEMASTER TRAINING PACKAGE
The candidates are required to participate in the following session during the Divemaster Course. The exercise can be completed at any time without sequence.
THEORY SESSION (9 topics)
- Knowledge Review
- Role & Characteristics of a PADI Divemaster
- Supervising Diving Activities
- Assistance of Student Divers
- Diver Safety & Risk Management
- Divemaster – Conduct Programs
- Specialized Skills & Activities
- The Business of Diving and Your Career
- Awareness of the Dive Environment
- Dive Theory Review
There will be an exam after the theory session and DMC need to score 75%
WATERSKILL AND STAMINA
- 400M Swim Test
- 15 Minutes Float
- 800 m Snorkel Swim
- 100 m Diver Tow Skill
The score must achieve a minimum 15 points overall.
- Scenario Based Learning
- To evaluate effectiveness
- Improvement quality
- Form of foundation for your IE/ IDC
DEMONSTRATION OF DIVE SKILL WORKSHOP
– PART ONE
Mask Removal/ Replace and Regulator Recovery (to score 4 or higher)
– PART TWO
24 Skills Training (to score 63 or higher)
You are to demonstrate the 24 skills technique in dive skills and obtain a 3 on each skill, and score at least 82 points in total, with at least one underwater skill to a 5
DM are to show mastering in this skill where they are required to change equipment underwater with another person
Dive Site Up and Management
Divemaster students are required to complete a mapping project on location g9iven in Tioman or designated area. The project can be done during your trip Tioman.
Learn to conduct a proper briefing before the dive
Search & Recovery Scenario
Deep Dive Scenario
Divemaster – Conducted Program Workshop
Scuba Review in Confined Water
Skin Diver Course and Snorkeling Supervision
Discover Scuba Diving Program in Confined Water
Discover Scuba Diving Program in Open Water
Discover Local Diving Program in Open Water
Divemaster Practical Assessment
Practical Assessment 1
Open Water Students in Confined Water
Practical Assessment 2
Open Water Students in Open Water
Practical Assessment 3
Continued Education Student Divers in Open Water
Practical Assessment 4
Certified Diver on Open Water
DMC need to score at least 3 points