PADI’s Deep Diver program offers you the adventure of a lifetime – going deep to see things others only dream about. To join the deep diving crowd, you’ll need at least your Adventures In Diving certification and be at least 15 years old. The program includes four open water dives, which are conducted over at least two days. The minimum depth for the deep dives is between 18 to 30 metres/60 to 100 feet, with no dive exceeding 40 metres/130 feet. All your dives will be conducted within the no-decompression limits, with deeper dives conducted first.
– PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
– 15 year old
– Four Open Water Diver *Recommended – D1= 24m to 30m D2 =18m to 24m D3 = 30m to 39.5m D4 = 18m to 30m
During your program, you’ll cover the knowledge, skills and techniques needed to dive deep. The following is included in the PADI Deep Diver program:
Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of deep diving.
* Risk factors and decompression- tables review.
* Safety stops and emergency decompression procedures.
* Special equipment, descent lines and buoyancy control considerations.
* Procedures for flying after diving and high-altitude diving.
* Orientation to recompression chambers
The core Deep Dive conducted during the Adventures In Diving or Advanced Open Water program may be counted toward this specialty at the discretion of the instructor.
- Download the PADI Discover Scuba® Diving Participant Statement
- Enrol in a PADI Discover Scuba Diving course
- Read the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Browse the PADI Learning Chart.