Even your local dive site offers a whole new adventure by moonlight! To take advantage of this extraordinary specialty, you’ll need to be at least PADI Open Water Diver (PADI Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent) and 12 or older. During your program you’ll go on three open water dives. You’ll learn to prepare night dive activities and develop your knowledge and techniques for night diving.
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
You enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along the currents.
– PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
– 12 year old
What will you learn?
The drift diver course includes a knowledge segment and two drift dives. The PADI course highlights the following material in the knowledge segment:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving.
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels.
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication.
- Causes and effects of aquatic currents.
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.
- Download the PADI Discover Scuba® Diving Participant Statement
- Enrol in a PADI Discover Scuba Diving course
- Read the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Browse the PADI Learning Chart.
Specialty Diving Courses