Peak Performance Buoyancy Diver
To take advantage of PADI’s Peak Performance Buoyancy (PPB) program, you’ll need to be a PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent and be at least 12 years old. PADI’s Peak Performance Buoyancy program is the perfect opportunity to hone your buoyancy skills. Perfect your buoyancy and you’ll conserve air, energy and our precious environment. Your program will include two open water dives, which may be conducted in one day.
Some of the topics covered in your PPB program are as follows:
Peak Performance Buoyancy fundamentals:
– Buoyancy check
– Fine-tuning buoyancy underwater
– Weight position and distribution
Use of PADI’s Basic Weighting Guidelines an opportunity to polish buoyancy control beyond the Open Water Diver level:
Positioning and distributing weight for comfort and desired body position
(trim in the water)
– Visualization techniques prior to dives
– Buoyancy checks
– Establishing neutral buoyancy during all segments of a dive
– Fine-tuning neutral buoyancy underwater
The elective Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive conducted during the Adventures In Diving program may be counted toward this specialty at the instructor’s discretion.
- Download the PADI Discover Scuba® Diving Participant Statement
- Enrol in a PADI Discover Scuba Diving course
- Read the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Browse the PADI Learning Chart.
Specialty Diving Courses